6 Roma Tomatoes, Sliced
2 Cups Balsamic Vinegar
1 Yellow Onion, Sliced
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 9-inch Pie Shell, Baked
¾ Cup Real Mayonnaise
½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
3 Tablespoons Fresh Basil, Chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour the vinegar over the tomatoes and let them marinate for about 10 minutes then drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Once you’ve drained the tomatoes mix them with the basil.
- Sautee the onions and garlic together in the olive oil over medium heat until they are soft and begin to turn golden brown. About 10 minutes. If they begin to stick to the pan you can add about 1 tablespoon of water.
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise and both cheeses.
- Layer tomato and basil mixture in the bottom of the baked pie shell
- Spread sautéed onions on top of the tomatoes
- Spread the mayonnaise and cheese mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until lightly browned on the top.