1/4 t. Almond Extract
1/2 t. Vanilla Extract
1/2 C. Butter (room temperature)
1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
6 Tbs. White Sugar
1/4 t. Salt
1 3/4 C. Four
1 t. Baking Powder
1/4 C. Cherry or Raspberry Pie Filling
1. Separate one Egg.
2. Beat Butter, Sugar, 1 Egg, additional Egg Yolk, Almond and Vanilla Extract.
3. Once creamed, add Flour, Baking Powder and Salt.
4. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
5. Wrap dough in waxed paper and chill in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
6. Once dough has been chilled, break the dough into two parts. Work with half and put the other half back in the refrigerator.
7. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Form the dough into about 8 finger-like shapes (less than about 1 in. wide).
8. Use a sharp utensil to draw knuckles and mold the dough until the fingers are eerily life-like.
9. Place an Almond Half on top to look like a finger nail. To really make it look creepy and crawly, try lightly brushing the Almond Half with Chocolate or Red Food Coloring to make it appear even more haunting.
10. Gently brush the fingers with Egg White and bake on a greased cookie sheet for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Repeat steps 6-10 for the second half of the Lady Finger dough.
12. When all of your Lady Fingers are baked to perfection, use Cherry or Raspberry Pie Filling to make the fingers appear to ooze blood.